– Open for entries –
The annual Fortnum & Mason Food and Drink Awards, now in their sixth year, celebrate the very best writers, publishers, broadcasters, photographers and personalities working in food and drink. An important date in the foodie calendar, the 2018 ceremony takes place in May and, as ever, will welcome the biggest names in food and drink to Fortnum’s Piccadilly flagship store.
An independent panel of judges carefully consider nominees in 13 categories and select the winners from work created in 2017. The 2018 judging panel includes a host of notable names from the food and drink industry, including:
- EWAN VENTERS – CEO, Fortnum & Mason and judging panel Chairman
- DIANA HENRY – Author and broadcaster, food writer for The Sunday Telegraph and columnist for Stella magazine
- JOSÉ PIZARRO – Author, Chef and Owner of José Tapas, Pizarro Restaurant, José Pizarro Broadgate and Little José
- MARINA O’LOUGHLIN – Restaurant critic for The Sunday Times Magazine
- DAN KEELING – Co-founder and editor of Noble Rot Magazine and co-owner of Noble Rot Wine Bar & Restaurant
- HENRY JEFFREYS – Drinks contributor to The Spectator, The Guardian and Food & Wine and author of Empire of Booze
- PETE BROWN – Broadcaster, author and journalist writing extensively on beer, cider and drinking culture
The 14th award – Personality of the Year, is chosen by the public and allows fans from across the country to vote for their favourite foodie, and enter a competition to win one of three Fortnum’s Hampers.
The full list of categories is:
- Food Book
- Debut Food Book
- Cookery Book
- Drink Book
- Debut Drink Book
- Food Writer
- Cookery Writer
- Drink Writer
- Restaurant Writer
- Social Photographer
- Programme (TV or online)
- Radio Programme or Podcast
Last year’s winners include former River Cottage Head Chef, Gill Meller for his book Gather and Jonathan Gregson for his photography work on Waitrose Food and the book, Marcus At Home. Restaurant Writer was awarded posthumously to the renowned Sunday Times food critic, AA Gill. Much loved dynamic duo, Dave Myers and Simon King, AKA ‘The Hairy Bikers,’ were crowned joint Personalities of The Year.
Commenting on the launch, Venters said: “The Awards, launched back in 2013, wouldn’t be the success they are today if we didn’t have such a tremendous line-up of people involved in food and drink in the UK. Our heartfelt thanks go to our expert judges who bring a formidable range of skills and expertise to the table and my best wishes go to everyone who enters.”
Submission details can be found at www.fortnumandmason.com/awards. Entries close on 31st January 2018.
The shortlist will be announced on 10th April 2018 with the Awards presentation, hosted by Ewan Venters and Claudia Winkleman, held on 10th May 2018 at Fortnum & Mason Piccadilly. Winners in each category receive an elegant trophy, a Fortnum & Mason hamper and a bottle of Fortnum & Mason vintage champagne.